Glass balustrades can be used inside and outside the home (or commercial property) to add both functionality and flair. There are many other advantages of glass balustrades though, especially high quality creations by Portsmouth’s abc Glass Processing, and we’re here to make sure you’re in the know and that your glass safety barriers give you maximum bang for your buck.
What is a glass balustrade?
A glass balustrade is a safety barrier where glass is used to infill the gap between the floor and hand rail, perhaps on a balcony or staircase. Frameless glass balustrades can be used, decoratively as well as practically, in place of spindles or as structural components instead of newel posts and handrails. Structural glass balustrades are often referred to as frameless glass balustrades and can add wow-factor to your interior design or exterior design project.
Where can you use glass balustrades?
You can use glass balustrades as a style statement in homes with either a contemporary or classic décor theme as well as in stylish commercial properties such as retail outlets, offices, restaurants and hotels. Here are the most common glass balustrade applications:
- Balcony balustrades and Juliet balconies
- Glass deck panels (bordering garden decking)
- Staircases (glass railings, glass stair banisters etc.)
- Frameless glass balustrades for internal landings
- Glass fence panels / garden partitions
What are the benefits of glass balustrades?
Glass balustrades made by the experts at abc Glass Processing hold a number of advantages for your development or design project, which we’ll break down for your here:
- Drama – The addition of a glass balustrade inside or outside will enhance the appearance of any space. Create clean lines in small spaces. Make balustrades of different custom glass designs a feature in a large atrium. Combine plain glass with glass sandblasting effects or decorative fabric interlays for textural style. Coordinate your chosen colour palette with our glass painting service.
- Light – As glass is inherently see-through, frameless glass balustrades allow more natural light to flow within a property and won’t block fabulous views. To make the most of highlighting and brightening add feature lighting to your balustrade or glass railings.
- Space – The reflective nature of glass banisters and balustrades helps create the illusion of a larger and more open space. It also adds a fresh and airy feel that’s much sought-after for new-builds and modern barn conversions.
- Versatile – The adaptability of glass balustrades as architectural pieces, and the variety of applications they offer, creates myriad design opportunities. Combine glass balcony and balustrade panels with wonderful woods for a more naturalistic vibe. Team with chrome or stainless steel balustrade fittings for a cool contemporary twist. Incorporate cement and exposed brickwork for an up-to-the-minute urban touch. Remember that our advanced CNC cutting machinery allows accurate and detailed cut outs and holes for components such as clamps and handrails to make your glass balustrades all the more versatile.
- Quality – When made by abc’s master craftsmen, you can be sure your glass balustrade or glass fence will meet the highest strength, quality and safety glass standards. Created from laminated glass in a variety of thicknesses suitable for all types of balcony balustrades and glass fence panels or toughened glass (with 5 times the mechanical and thermal strength of annealed glass), our glass balustrades will not shatter your interior design illusions!
- Easy – As well as being easy to install, frameless glass balustrades and glass fence panels are easy to maintain. Keep them looking as good as new by polishing regularly using a quality glass cleaner. We also offer an optional ClearShield glass coating, which can help to reduce water marks and discourage the build-up of calcium and dirt on external glass balustrades.